Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it. By submitting Personal Data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows.
Who We Are
Simply-Nourished.org and Taylor Hanna are owned and run by Taylor Hanna, a Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator and entrepreneur in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada.
What Personal Data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Data related to any communication that you send to us through the contact forms on our website, email, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us, such as your name and email;
- Data related to any purchases of our products or services, such as your name, email, billing address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details;
- Data provided by you when you subscribe our newsletter, sign-up for free resources, opt-in for our wait lists, and allow us to send you marketing or promotional materials, such as your name, email and marketing preferences;
- Data obtained on our website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation, weblogs and other communication data when you visit or use our site.
How we use your personal information
By default, we only process the minimal amount of Personal Data necessary to operate our business properly. We do not collect any sensitive Personal Data such as data regarding racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, information about your health, genetic or biometric data, nor information about criminal convictions and offences.
Here are the most common ways in which a visitor directly provides information to a Site:
- Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to a Site using Jetpack or WordPress.com, we collect the sign-up information requested by the Site, which typically includes an email address.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on a Site, we collect that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address.
- Crowdsignal Survey Responses: When a visitor completes a poll, quiz, or other type of survey prepared by a User via Crowdsignal.com, we collect the visitor’s responses to those surveys, and other information that the survey owner requires for a poll/quiz/survey response, like an e-mail address.
- Order and Shipment Information: If a visitor orders something (hooray!) from a Site using our store and ecommerce features available through WordPress.com or Jetpack (including WooCommerce Services), we may collect information to process that order, such as credit card and billing information, and an address for shipping the package along to the recipient and calculating applicable taxes. We may also use this information for other purposes on behalf of our Users–for example, to send marketing and other communications from our Users to their customers, and to provide our User with analytics information about their ecommerce site (e.g., the number of orders from particular geographic areas).
- Other Information Entered on the Site: We may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the Site–such as a contact form submission, a search query, or Site registration.
Information that is automatically collected:
We also automatically collect some information about visitors to a Site. The information we automatically collect depends on which of our services the Site uses. We’ve listed examples below:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: We collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a Site, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: We collect information about a visitor’s interactions with a Site, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors to a Site using WordPress.com or Jetpack.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally for our Users how many people visit their Sites from certain geographic regions. If you’d like, you can read more about our Site Stats feature for WordPress.com sites and Jetpack sites.
- Akismet Commenter Information: We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address…oh, and the comment itself, of course).
- Crowdsignal Response Information: We collect information about visitors who respond to a Crowdsignal survey. The information that we collect typically includes IP address, browser type, operating system, user agent, and the web page last visited.
- Intense Debate Commenter Information: We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Intense Debate service. The information that we collect depends on how the User sets up Intense Debate for the Site, but typically includes the IP address and account information on the Site, along with the comment.
- Jetpack Site Activity: We collect visitor activities related to the management of the Site, such as login attempts/actions and comment submission and management actions. For more information, please see the Jetpack Privacy Center.
Sharing your information
We do not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We only share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or any of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies are data files that are stored by your internet browser or your computer, and which often include an anonymous unique identifier. The webpages you browse are then able to recognize some information contained in the cookies stored by your browser.
To maintain our website’s high quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the website by identifying which areas of the Website are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
After you give us consent to store cookies on your device, this information will be stored for when you browse the site next time. You can withdraw this consent at any time by deleting cookies for each of the browsers, that you use (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge).
While some cookies are necessary to ensure proper communication with the website, some cookies may also contain anonymous analytical information about your browsing to display content relevant for you, and may be stored for a longer period of time. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to prevent the loss, misuse, access, disclose, alteration or destruction of your personal information.
We allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We store all the personal information you provide on servers, protected with passwords.
However, no Internet or email transmission is ever 100% secure or error free. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Internet or by email. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
To use certain features of the website or its content, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username or password and within your account.
We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your Personal Data at your own risk.
Where we store your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you when you visit or use our website is stored on servers owned by third parties and currently located in the US. Our present providers are certified under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework which ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data.
For how long do we keep your data
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your personal information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you, before collecting your data, if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing us.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Data from children
Our website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older and we do not knowingly collect information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information from your child, please email us at email@example.com